Water damage restoration should be a quick process because the more the water stays clogged up in your property, the more the damage it causes. We provide quick water damage services to restore your property back to normal. Such damages can be dangerous both for your property and for your health. It can hamper your furniture, walls, flooring, carpet, etc, and it also puts your health at risk because of the virus present in the stagnant water.
The degree of damage may vary, it can be as gradual as the initial appearance of water spots that might later spoil the surface or the wall or it can be a sudden flooding which may result in loss of the property.
Such damages need to be dealt by professionals because only the experts can restore the house or property completely.
What are the causes of water damage?
Water damages are caused mainly due to:
- Failure of a sump pump
- Broken or leaking pipes
- Flood waters
- Clogged toilets or sewage
- Washing Machine overflow
- Dishwasher leakage
- Plumbing leaks
The causes listed above are common to almost every household. Every year thousands of households experience such damages and require water damage repair and complete restoration procedure. The process of restoration depends on the classes and category of the damage.
The categories of water damage are:
- Category 1 water: This is the damage which is caused due to broken pipes, sink overflow or washing machine overflow, basically this damage is caused by the clean water.
- Category 2 water: This damage is caused by the “grey water”. Grey water is contains some degree of contamination which may be chemical or biological and it might cause sickness or discomfort when exposed to.
- Category 3 water: Also known as the “black water”, has a high degree of contaminants such as bacteria and fungi which are harmful for humans and can cause severe discomfort and sickness. Examples of black water include, sewage water, seawater or standing water.
The classes of water damage are :
- Class 1: It has the least degree of damage. In class 1 a small area of the property may have absorbed moisture, which is easy to restore.
- Class 2: The class 2 damage means that the water is absorbed in the entire affected area.
- Class 3: It means that the water has be absorbed in by the walls and it might also reach up the ceiling. It is an adverse condition of water damage.
- Class 4: It is the worst stage of damage in which the materials of the house or the property gets affected by the water and this requires professional cleanup services.
After assessing these classes and categories our technicians proceed with the restoration process. Our technicians use high analytical skills to segregate the damage into these classes and categories and accordingly use the equipment required. As a result some thighs might require a structural repair and some might be replaced, such as-
- Air condition systems
No matter what the size of the disaster is, it is imperative to act fast and restore all the water damages as quickly as possible to minimize the damage and reduce any other potential health risk that might be involved.